Friday, December 2, 2016

Learn how to connect Japanese sentences using ga, kedo and dakara



Sometime back ago we learned about the -te form, which is use to connect or continue sentences, or also known as “and”. In today’s post we shall learn more on how to connect Japanese sentences using connective words. The use of “but”, “because” and “so” will be covered today.
Let’s start with using “but”. There are 2 ways to express “but” in Japanese. One is ”けど” the other is ””. Both can be use to connect to other Japanese sentences. See the two examples below.

くるま が ほしい です、 おかね が ありません
I want a car but I don’t have money.
くるま が ほしい ですけど、 おかね が ありません
I want a car but I don’t have money.

It’s quite easy to understand this. Just simply put the
or けど after the sentence, くるま が ほしい です, and then you can continue to state the reason after that. This is very commonly use in the Japanese conversation, so remember this well :)
Let’s learn how to use “because” in Japanese. There are 2 ways to say it. Let’s look at the examples

おかね が ありません ので、 くるま が かえません
Because I don’t have money, I can’t buy a car.
おかね が ありません から、 くるま が かえません
Because I don’t have money, I can’t buy a car.

To state reasons, use the
ので or から. Just like けど or が , simply add the ので or から after stating your reasons. Japanese tend to express the reasons first before telling the listeners the things they do. If you remember in my earlier post, Japanese tend to express the important or big things first. That is why if you were to see a perishable Japanese product, their expiry date is base on yy-mm-dd format.
Finally let’s head to the last connective word for today

あした テスト が あります。 だから いま べんきょう しています
I have a test tomorrow. So I am studying now.
あした、明日 means tomorrow
テスト means test
べんきょう、勉強 means study
しています means doing (something)

The word
 だから means “so”, or “that is why” It’s similar to から or ので. But it should be added after you have finish talking about the event that will happen.

Learning Japanese takes time, so don’t rush. Or else you will quickly forget what you have learned earlier. Enjoy learning Japanese!

No comments:

Post a Comment