Friday, December 2, 2016

About Myself

Back during my secondary school days, I was only interested in playing video games and hanging out with friends for soccer or movies. But when I reached 4th grade, a very good friend of mine introduce me to the world of Japanese anime. Those animes were aired mostly in the late night on weekdays. This is due to violence and nudity being found in the anime.
What made me interested in the anime was the unpredictable story line that has a lot of depth and action and the complicated but beautiful animations. What caught my attention most was the catchy opening and ending music. In my opinion, Japanese music has a very different feel to what most other music that we listen to.
Ever since I was hooked onto Japanese anime music, I started to look around in music stores for any kinds of anime music or soundtrack. This lead me to appreciate Japanese pops from the 80s and 90s to the mainstream music. The number of Japanese artists and bands are just overwhelming. There are just too many to list them down. A few of my favorite artists from the 90s are ZARD, WANDS and DEEN.
During those days, I have no idea at all what it means, even though I just kept listening to Japanese pops. Until when I entered technical school, I got to know a new friend who is actually crazy about the Japanese culture, music, food..anything that is Japanese. He also has a basic knowledge of the language too. It was because of him, I started to learn Japanese.
Learning Japanese seems like a lot of chore to do, you have to learn the sounds and writing of hiragana and katakana in the beginning and then followed by the different forms, particles, sentences structuring and the worst part is learning the Chinese character call kanji. After learning the hiragana, katakana, form usage and kanji, you still probably want to learn how to write and speak and even listen all in Japanese. But that’s what learning languages is about.
Becoming different from others
When I started learning only the hiragana and katakana in school, I already felt like giving up because it seems like there was no end to learning those 40 over sounds. But the thought about being able to understand my favorite Japanese songs and Japanese dramas drives me to study the Japanese language even harder. This is my passion.
After studying Japanese non-intensively for about the first 3 years and intensively for 2 years in a Japanese language school, I’ve finally obtained a JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) level 2 passed. I am a slow learner. So if you are a fast learner, you can achieve the same level in about 2-3 years of studying.
Due to the popularity of Japanese dramas, music and culture in my country, many of my friends have come to ask me for help with learning Japanese. Most of them were interested in the beginning, but their laziness and lukewarm attitude prevented them from continuing. I’m a serious Japanese learner, therefore I decided to create this blog to teach serious Japanese learners the positive and right attitude in learning Japanese.
Once you become proficient in the Japanese language, you will not only be look upon by others but will also receive a huge benefit from it!


No comments:

Post a Comment